There are numerous issues to consider when considering filing for divorce. In addition to the emotional impact and the effect it can have on your relationships with friends and family members, divorce proceedings can also jeopardize your financial security. At the Delaney Heckman, we provide the compassionate, professional legal guidance you need during this time. With over 45 years’ worth of experience representing clients in Lake County and the surrounding areas, our Buffalo Grove divorce attorneys protect you so you can get the best possible results in your divorce case.
Legal Representation in Contested and Uncontested Divorce Cases
In Buffalo Grove, divorce proceedings are handled through the Cook and Lake County Circuit Courts. They advise obtaining legal representation to ensure your rights are protected and that the appropriate legal documents are filed. Divorce generally falls into one of two categories:
- Uncontested divorce cases: In uncontested divorce proceedings, the couple agree to getting a divorce and may be on amicable terms, able to discuss any ongoing issues involved in their case.
- Contested divorce: In contested divorce cases, one of the parties may disagree that the marriage is indeed over and may be unwilling to cooperate or negotiate in divorce-related proceedings.
In either situation, you need an experienced Buffalo Grove divorce attorney representing your interests. At the Delaney Heckman, we have the legal knowledge and experience to handle even the most complex situations, ensuring you are protected in any agreements and final orders issued in your divorce case.
Our Buffalo Grove Attorneys Guide You in Resolving Divorce-Related Issues
With any type of divorce, there are certain issues which must be addressed before the judge will approve a final order. The various factors determining how these issues are resolved are outlined under the Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Statutes. At the Delaney Heckman, our Buffalo Grove divorce attorneys can advise you on how these laws apply in your particular situation, while protecting your rights in the following:
- Division of marital property and assets;
- Considerations regarding spousal support, or maintenance:
- Child custody and timesharing arrangements:
- Child support, enforcement, and modifications of existing orders.
Contact Us Today for Help
To ensure you are protected in divorce-related proceedings, reach out and contact the Delaney Heckman to request a consultation with our Buffalo Grove divorce attorney. We can discuss the details in your situation and advise you on the best course of action in your divorce case.