Parental Responsibilities & Child Custody Attorneys
In divorce cases, the decision about which parent has custody of a couple’s children is typically based on what is best for the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the child. When you are facing child custody issues, turn to an experienced attorney at the Delaney Heckman
With more than 45 years of experience in the area of family law, our firm prides itself on offering clients tailored child custody representation. Whether you need information and assistance regarding joint custody, sole custody, legal custody or visitation rights, our firm can help.
Contact our office online or call 847-705-8000 to schedule an appointment.
What Is Best for Your Child?
Our primary concern as child custody attorneys is seeking a resolution for the situation that is in your child’s best interests. If you are our client, we will assist you in finding the right situation for the custody of your child. The court may consider a number of factors in this regard, including:
- Your wishes and the wishes of your spouse
- The wishes of the child
- The interaction and interrelationship of the child with you and your spouse, siblings and other family members
- The child’s adjustment to his home, school and community
- The mental and physical health of all family members
- The possibility of physical violence by the child’s potential custodian
- The occurrence of ongoing abuse of the child or someone else in the family
- Your desire to facilitate and encourage continuing relationship between the other parent and your child
Know Your Legal Options
As a parent, you have some legal rights as to which judge will decide your child custody case. Because of my experience in local courts, we can advise you about how that right can affect your concerns in numerous child custody issues, including:
- Joint custody
- Paternity tests
- Removal of children to another state or location
- Post-decree modifications
Knowledge of Illinois divorce and child custody law is extremely important in these cases. We can assist you in protecting your rights and your child’s welfare.
Contact Our Schaumburg and Palatine Child Custody Lawyers Today
Please contact our office for a free initial consultation about your child custody and parental responsibility concern. We can meet with you to discuss your situation and determine the best way in which to proceed with the case.