Schaumburg High-Asset Divorce Lawyer
A divorce can be complicated by large amounts of money and assets that are involved. These high-asset divorces should be addressed by an experienced divorce attorney who can advise you of your rights and options.
We, at the Delaney Heckman, are dedicated to handling all types of family law matters, including complex divorces. Using our more than 45 years of experience as trial attorneys and divorce lawyers, we work tirelessly to see that your rights are protected throughout the course of seeking a divorce and the awarding of the money and property you deserve.
Contact our office online or call 847-705-8000 to schedule an appointment.
Palatine Complex Divorce Attorney
A high-asset or complex divorce may encompass issues such as:
- Spousal maintenance: Also known as alimony or spousal support, spousal maintenance is nearly always an issue in a high-asset divorce. All factors, such as age of the parties, monetary contribution to the marriage and length of the marriage, among others, must be considered when the amount of spousal maintenance and alimony is being determined.
- Property division: Real estate, bank accounts, retirement accounts, personal property, vacation homes and cars are just some of the types of property that are divided according to the law of equitable distribution in Florida. This means that all assets are divided equally and fairly, but not necessarily 50-50 between the parties.
- Business valuation: High-asset divorces often involve closely held or family businesses. In order to ensure that assets are properly divided between the two parties, a thorough business evaluation must take place. We enlist the assistance of business valuation experts, forensic accountants and other professionals whenever necessary to see that the proper value of the business is reached.
- Offshore accounts and hidden assets: When there are large amounts of money at stake in a divorce, there may be numerous accounts in which assets are held. If a spouse has an offshore account, a foreign account or is suspected of hiding assets, our firm can take action to ensure that all documentation is provided and money is accounted for.
- Debt division: Some high-dollar divorces also involve numerous debts. Marital debts, such as medical bill debt and credit card debt, are divided according to the law of equitable distribution in order to prevent one party from being responsible for an unequal amount of the debt.
Contact Our Schaumburg and Palatine High-Asset Divorce Attorneys Today
Please contact our office for a free initial consultation to discuss your questions and concerns about your high-asset divorce. An attorney at our office can evaluate your situation and determine how any potential outcomes may impact your life.